- Peace of mind process We offer the easiest arrangement process in the industry, taking care of the everything from start to finish.
- Customized service With the widest range of service options in the industry we will ensure your entire family is completely satisfied with our services.
- Affordable options Our prices are often half the cost of traditional funeral homes, saving you money and stress.
- Locations near you We hold memorials, traditional funerals, burials, and cremations at hundreds of locations across Ontario.
- Trusted team Combining traditional experience with industry leading customer service, we serve over 1,200 families every year in Ontario.
What is Basic Funerals?
We are a licensed funeral home serving Ontario. Offering a range of services ranging from basic cremation to traditional funerals, we serve over 1200 families every year.
What We Are
- A licensed funeral home.
- Educators without an agenda. In an industry shrouded in mystery, you deserve clarity and we’re here to provide it.
What We’re Not
- A broker. We are a fully licensed funeral establishment with licensed funeral directors serving the city of Toronto.
- Scripted. We believe in providing a personal, comfortable experience whether we’re talking to you on the phone, online, or in person.
- Complicated. We’re here to make the process as easy for you as possible.
- Up-sellers. We don’t upsell. Ever.
Is this a complicated process?
No. Our goal is to provide the families that we serve with support and guidance to make the funeral arrangement process as simple as possible.
Are you a licensed funeral home?
Where will the funeral be located?
We hold memorials and funerals at churches, chapels, and other venues across Ontario. Together, we will work to select the location that suits your family best.
Where are you located?
Our head office is in Mississauga and we serve most of Ontario. Our funeral directors are available to meet at one of our locations near you, in your home, or arrangements can be made online or over the phone.
Can you accommodate special requests?
Almost certainly yes. We are proud to offer personalized, meaningful services and work with families to ensure that their wishes are honoured.
We're in the media
The Globe and Mail -
Eternal rest is just a few clicks away
Toronto Star -
Funeral planning enters cyberspace
Ottawa Citizen -
Most arrangements can be done from home
Toronto Funerals and Cremations
At Basic Funerals we speak with families in Toronto daily about what they want in a funeral or cremation service, both for themselves and their family members. These experiences have shown us that every family wants something different, whether it is something very simple or very extravagant, it is important that families receive the type of service they want. In delivering these services to families we feel that it is so important to deliver a professional service with absolute attention to detail.
Unlike most Toronto funeral homes we don’t create inflexible packages that families must choose from, instead we tailor our services to exactly what you want to create real meaning for the family of the loved. At Basic Funerals we give families in Toronto exactly what they want:
- We are the first funeral home in Toronto to make arranging funerals and cremations truly easy. You can fill out our online forms and speak to us over the phone, or our funeral directors can meet with you in person, even from the comfort of your own home.
- We have added transparency to the funeral and cremation process by providing our service information and pricing right on our website.
- We are not a broker. We are a fully licensed funeral establishment with licensed funeral directors serving the city of Toronto. We offer services in Toronto from a basic cremation to a traditional funeral, to something unique created just for your family.
We created Basic Funerals to change what we felt was missing in so called “traditional” funeral services. Our goal is to provide you and your family complete convenience and to always listen to what you want. Our mission is to assure that we meet all of your expectations and continue to improve on the traditional.